The PASD Home & School Association was established in April 2013 to bring together the district’s Home & School Associations with the support of the district administration to strengthen our abilities to raise funds more effectively. It was formed as an outgrowth of the 2012-2013 Community Budget Advisory Committee (CBAC), which comprised a variety of PASD parents who were asked to identify opportunity areas to increase revenue and decrease expenses for the district.
PASD HSA members focus on improving the communication and process to maximize our earning potential with existing or new fundraising initiatives.
The Home and School Associations in our district have been able to support and enhance our students’ educational experience in the following ways:
- Promote ongoing communication between parents, teachers, and the administration
- Provide funding for various activities and other student needs that are not covered by the school budget
- Provide enrichment activities to enhance students’ education by bringing new concepts to light or by using old concepts in new ways
- Sponsor recreation and entertainment activities to encourage students’ social skills, teamwork, leadership, competition, and discipline
- Build enthusiasm and improve our children’s outlook on school through a variety of student recognition programs
- Encourage our children to understand the importance of giving back to our community by volunteering and contributing to philanthropic organizations (i.e. Project FOCUS and PCEF)