Phoenixville Public Library

Phoenixville LibraryThe Public Library of Phoenixville began its existence in 1896 when a group of prominent citizens took advantage of a law passed by Pennsylvania legislators making it legal for school districts to own and operate public libraries.
 At that time, there were no libraries affiliated with the public schools. The School Directors agreed to foster a public library, which was called the Public Library of the Phoenixville School District. 

Since those early days, the collection has grown to approximately 69,000 items. Circulation of the collection has more than doubled from the 1970’s to the present day, making the Phoenixville Public Library the third largest circulating collection in the Chester County Library System. The Library’s children’s program has grown to be the second largest in the Library System. Carnegie’s goal was to provide information access, through libraries, for the intellectual and educational development of citizens. Phoenixville Public Library Trustees have continued to support this goal for more than 100 years.
Visit our website to learn more, including upcoming events.

Job Openings

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.